dinsdag 17 september 2013

Old Spanish feather stitches

TAST stitch 82 is Spanish feather stitch AKA Spanish knotted feather stitch or twisted zigzag chain stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, a challenge at Pin Tangle.

I learned this stitch in 2010 when I was catching up on the last TAST 2007 stitches before the start of TAST 2010. The pink row in perle 5 was my first trial. As you can see it took me half a row to figure how to stitch Spanish feather stitch. The row at the right is done in a variegated cotton thread, the size is almost the same as perle 12. I didn’t like the stitch at the time, so I never used it until . . .
. . . week 5 of Sharon’s class Personal Library of Stitches. I stitched 2 rows in 
perle 5, but had no idea how to experiment with this stitch. Maybe I should read this lesson again before I start my trials this week.
There are a few more old samples of Spanish feather stitch from other participants in the Flickr TAST group.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. A nice stitch to add to your repertoire. Perhaps one day you'll use it in something. I especially like the variegated thread sample.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I tried this stitch once, got tangled up and and disliked it immensely.
    Last night I did my TAST sample homework and do you know, the stitch was easy and fun to do.! I have not 'experimented' with it though.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. this is a stitch I have not done before so will have a play tomorrow and see what happens

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks for the samples. Have not tried this stitch before.I will have to start tomorrow. The stitch does not look easy though!
    Chitra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen