zaterdag 14 september 2013

Chained cross stitch in my altered book

TAST stitch 79 is chained cross stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, 
a challenge at Pin Tangle.

It took me some time to decide how to use the chained cross stitch, but when I found a lovely vintage picture I knew what to do.
After making the holes I stitched chained cross stitches with rayon thread.
Then I glued the picture on page 60 of my altered book, which was already painted with watercolour paint. Page 61 is painted with acrylic paint. I added a matching Dutch text and tangled  Nipa.
Take a closer look at this spread here.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Really great idea! I love how you've used the stitch. Have you done other pages like this and I've missed seeing them?

    Diane - yarngoddess

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Diane! I stitched a floral spray in the same book last year, you can see it here:
      http://fat-quarter.blogspot.nl/2012/01/floral-spary-with-feather-stitch.html

      Verwijderen
  2. Wat een origineel idee om een steek te verwerken. Prachtig, het past precies bij de sfeer van je spread!
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The Raised Chain is a nice way to beautify the tiles in the kitchen. Lovely use of the stitch!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. such imagination, the tiles look amazing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen