woensdag 7 augustus 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday - August 7

Last month I finished the 2 projects I was working on, my long and short stitch sampler and my quilt Pot vol blomme. So it was time to pick a new project. Months ago I planned to finish my scrapquilt, but it has to wait. I have 3 fabric books to create, so that’s what I’m going to do first. I wanted to start with the oldest one with pages of trees from a book page swap at Stitchin Fingers. Of course I had to enjoy looking at the pages first. They are made by Helen, Francis, Teresa, Trillian and Vicki. (click on their names to read what I wrote about their pages)
I remembered I had an idea how to make a tree so I flipped through my first studio journal to find it. I’m not going to share the page, it would spoil the surprise next week.
Now it was time to measure, . . .
. . . make a lot of notes . . .
. . . and decide  which fabric I should use.
Then I could start with the front of my cover. This is all I can show you now. 
I cannot wait to see if it works the way I wrote in my studio journal!
More info about Work In Progress Wednesday at Pin Tangle.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, I like Helen's Thorn tree, and Vicky's tree. Both are set against a beautiful sky.
    Your idea sounds so fascinating. I'm looking forward to next WIPW already!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. the pages look amazing and I know your book cover will be equal to these.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This looks an interesting project, the trees are lovely, I will look forward to the next stage.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh meany! I am waiting to see what you do with the tree idea and am curious - I guess I wait until next week - looks interesting!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen