zaterdag 10 augustus 2013

Pistil stitches on my garden sampler

A few days ago I added pistil stitch flowers to my garden sampler. I used Stef Francis perle 5 for the flower and perle 12 for the buds. Normally the pistil stitch is wrapped like a French knot, but I wrapped them like a colonial knot. It was easier to control the tension of the stitch. I added green long tailed woven detached chain stitches and fly stitches with perle 8 and 5.
Take a closer look at the pistil stitches on my garden sampler here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Good idea! I have to try Colonial Knots on the Pistil Stitch. Your garden is so beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. love the pistal stitch, must use it more. Met Queenie at the festival of quilts yesterday, what a lovely time I had with her

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your sampler is looking lovely, pistil stitch is a good choice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen