dinsdag 3 april 2012

Old satin stitches

The TAST stitch for week 14 is satin stitch. It’s one of the 3 stitches I skipped in TAST 2007, but I found some samples to share for my weekly post with old stitches. This Flying Spaghetti Monster ATC was a request of a swap-buddy. I wrote about the making of it here. It needed lots of satin stitches for the spaghetti! (If you never heard about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you can read more about him here)
This car is part of my raised cup stitch sampler for TAST 2010. First I stitched the wheels in raised cup stitch. I planned to stitch the rest in cross stitches, but I didn’t like it . . .
. . .  so I stitched satin stitches over the cross stitches to make a padded satin stitch. It’s stitched in perle 5.
This is a detail on block 10 of my Crazy Monday quilt. I used 2 threads of stranded floss for the satin stitches and the Portuguese stem stitch edge.
I wanted to embroider a bee on a quilt, but tried it on my doodle cloth first. I found the pattern in my embroidery book ‘Doodle-stitching’ by Aimee Ray. The body and sting are stitched in satin stitches with 2 threads of stranded floss. Later I used my doodle cloth to make fabric buttons.
When I was flipping through my satin stitch photo’s, I realized I always used this stitch to represent something. It’s time to do something different now!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I can imagine the fun you had sewing these. They are all wonderful. My brain is stuck on just satin stitch leaves so far, so you are helping me think outside the box before I attempt a Satin Stitch project. Thank you. Marion x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. your embroderies are funy and very nice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fun satin stitching pieces. I've heard of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a co-worker mentions it once in awhile. I also have the Doodle Stitching book & it has lots of good ideas in it. I'm working on some satin stitches for my band sampler today. Hope it get it done by Monday! Have a Happy Easter :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen