zondag 19 februari 2012

Raised buttonhole bar

Today I added the last stitches to my pebble for the pebble adventure. One of the stitches was a raised buttonhole band. I’m sure I’m not the first one to stitch it this way, it’s very easy.
I used a paperclip to raise the straight stitches for the base threads.
Then I made buttonhole stitches on these base threads.
I secured the thread at the backside after removing the paperclip.
Then I stitched more French knots below the buttonhole bar. I used  a pin to hold the bar and make it easy to stitch.
And this is the result.
I stitched this raised buttonhole bar with a cotton perle 8.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Fantastic stitched Pebble. Thanks for the tutorial on raised buttonhole. I have not seen this done before. Much appreciated. Hugs Judy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I did a couple of these buttonhole bar stitches on my pebble, but I struggled trying to find something to keep all of the base stitches the same length. I used my scissors, trying to balance them on the surface while I stitched.....not so good. Then I tried using a pen cap...not so good. Finally I just eyeballed the lengths and hoped to get them right. Your idea of a paper clip is great! They come in so many sizes you could just keep a couple in your stitching basket. Thanks again for sharing.
    Deb

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I did a some buttonhole bars on my pebble, but they're flat, not raised. What a great idea! Thanks so much for posting your tute. Your pebble has so much texture!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'll have to remember this. It's really cool!

    ~Faith
    Airy Nothing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen