dinsdag 28 februari 2012

Old couching samples

The TAST stitch for week 9 is couching. Today I want to share a few other older samples before I start stitching new ones. On this first sample I couched a buckle with the Vandyke stitch and Stef Francis perle 5 on my TAST 2010 sampler. Then I made another row on both sides to fill the shape. I decorated it with French knots with DMC broder special.
Here I couched an acrylic knitting yarn with Italian knotted border stitch in perle 8 and mirrored every second stitch.
This is a detail on my floral sampler. I couched knitting yarn with herringbone stitches.
A CQ seam on my ornament Beezzz. I couched fancy knitting yarn in zigzags. 
It was inspired by this detail on Sharon’s bandsampler.
I remember having fun stitching my TAST 2007 sampler, it was one of my first embroideries. I couched cotton and acrylic yarn with 2 threads of stranded DMC and added different kind of beads.
My last sample is an ATC I made in 2009 for a yellow swap. I couched a fancy knitting yarn and added French knots and butterfly beads. The edge is a buttonhole stitch with beads.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks, Annet, for sharing all these inspiring examples!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wonderful stitching, Annet! Thanks for your comment on my pebble. I'm off to couch!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. each and every piece is so nice and inspiring.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Very nice Annet!! I especially like the last piece..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I like the spiral and yellow sample especially.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen