woensdag 18 augustus 2010

Red shawl

While I'm waiting for my tatting needles to arrive, I finished an old experiment. In May I started with some hairpin lace with red acrylic yarn from my stash. I found several tutorials online, but this one helped me to get the swing of it. This is a picture of the start of the first row. After that I made 2 more rows, but I made them smaller. I joined those on both sides of the large row with the cable join. For the edges I used the edge cable join. Then I made some fringe at both ends. The size of this shawl is 14 x 110 cm (about 5 x 42 inch) without the fringe.
It was not difficult to learn this technique and I'm sure I'm going to use it again. Stitchdiva is a good place to start if you want to know more about this technique.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I love your red shawl! And thanks for the link: I shall check it out. I've never done hairpin lace before, but I do like the way it looks. Thanks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. wow, your shawl is just gorgeous! What a unique technique. thanks for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen