zaterdag 14 augustus 2010

Italian knotted border stitch again

The TAST stitch for week 16 was the Italian knotted border stitch. I only used this stitch on my ornament Snail in the garden, because I was working on my encrusted crazy blocks in June. Now I have time to catch up on the older stitches. In this first example I couched an acrylic knitting yarn with perle 8 and mirrored every second stitch. I used Caron Wildflowers for my next example. The stitches are wider and I worked them from left to right inside each other.
This example is done in Stef Francis perle 5. The pattern just appeared when I was stitching.
For this butterfly I used perle 12. The large wings are made of 2 small Italian knotted border stitches inside a large one.
I have seen a lot of flowers made with this stitch in the Flickr TAST-group, so I had to make one too. All threads are perle 12. The center of the flower is a woven buttonhole wheel.
These are only a few of the examples I made on my sampler for week 16. My complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten