zondag 25 juli 2010

Slipped detached chain spider

A visit to the Flickr TAST-group helped me solve the last problem on my 10 x 10 inch crazy block. I saw these lovely slipped detached chain palm trees and I thought that one of them looked like a fat dragonfly. Then I knew I could use this stitch to make a spider! It was too late to stitch him, so I made a simple drawing.Today I embroidered the spider on his web. I used a blue/purple variegated chenille thread for the detached chain stitch body. His head is a French knot with a single wrap. Then I added two straight stitches inside the detached chain stitch. For the legs I used a blue perle 5.
My block told me it’s finished, but I have to get used to this idea! So I will put it aside for a few days before I can say it’s finished!

9 opmerkingen:

  1. That's a marvelous spider! And a perfect colour against the orange background.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. woww it looks gorgeous..very clever way ..it is so perfect..loved it..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I know this is an old tutorial but I've been looking for a way to do a spider on my Elephant Crazy Block. Thanks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It's always nice to get a comment on my tutorials. Enjoy stitching your spider, I hope to see it on your blog!

      Verwijderen
  4. Don't understand how you did the spiders body. was this chenille thread using a turkey stitch??

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I wrote how I stitched the spider in the post:
      I used a blue/purple variegated chenille thread for the detached chain stitch body. His head is a French knot with a single wrap. Then I added two straight stitches inside the detached chain stitch. For the legs I used a blue perle 5.

      Verwijderen