donderdag 29 juli 2010

Encrusted Crazy Quilting 10

A few days ago I stitched the last embroidery stitches on my second class block. Now it was time to add backing fabric, batting and binding to my first block. This block is 8 x 8 inch and the fabric for the binding was 10 x 10 inch, so it was just enough! I used the same reddish linen fabric from the top right corner for the backing fabric and embroidered the label on it. It was a scrap from a dress from my youngest daughter. I enjoyed working on this block.I finished this block yesterday and today I started finishing the second block. I embroidered the label at the backing fabric and prepared the strips for the binding. I hope to finish this second one in the next few days. There’s a more detailed picture of my first block here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. hello im yamila from argentina!!i was look your photos and i love it!!sorry for mi poor english jajja im artist and im painting now some work like the blocks thats congratulations for your work keep going!!! and sorry again for mi words jjaj kisses

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Het is prachtig geworden Annet. Ik zie dat je er met plezier aan hebt gewerkt :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Very nicely done. The block is well balanced, and all the pieces seem very happy together.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great to see this completed - I take pleasure in seeing it again well done.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen