woensdag 21 april 2010

Fancy hem stitch

This morning I made a few rows of the fancy hem stitch. For the top row I used 2 threads of stranded DMC. I don’t like the stitch in this thread and I made a mistake with the wraps, but I didn’t take the stitches out. The next 3 rows are done in brown and blue perle 5. I shifted the middle row. I like the effect of this, but it would be better to stitch the rows closer together. The last row is done with beads instead of the wraps. I made the hem stitches with red perle 5 and attached a pink bead after each stitch. On the return row I took the needle trough the beads again. I think this is a great variation for crazy blocks!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I too love the beaded version. When I saw the picture I asked myself: how did she do that?. Thanks for your explanation.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Annet like the way you have created the different effects of the hem stitch. Thank you for your comment.this stitch could be a godsend for those who cannot do smocking but like the effect.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen